THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a ELECTRONICS MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number PDD1261000 and is part of the MA ARNG CSMS, National Guard. This is a Non-Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: CW5 Erwin Cepek at (339)202-4602.Learn more about this agency
(1) Planning: Plans use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis. Establishes deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor. Coordinates work with supporting or related work functions controlled by other supervisors. Determines the number and types of workers needed to accomplish specific projects. Redirects individual workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work. Informs the supervisor of the need to revise work schedules and re-estimate labor and other resources. Participates with the supervisor in the initial planning of current and future work schedules, budget requests, staffing needs, estimates, and recommendations as to scheduling projected work.
(2) Work Direction: Investigates work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes. Implements corrective actions within their authority to resolve work problems. Recommends solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors.
(3) Administration: Plans and establishes overall leave schedules. Determines training needs of subordinates and arranges for accomplishment. Sets performance standards, and makes formal appraisals of subordinate work performance. Initiates recommendations for promotion or reassignment of subordinates.
(4) Performs the non-supervisory work of the function as needed.
(5) Implements regulatory safety requirements and ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(6) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(7) Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605768600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.