What General Information Do I Need To Know About This Position?Learn more about this agency
Salary:GS-12: $77,488 (Step 01) to $100,739 (Step 10);
GS-13: $92,143 (Step 01) to $119,787 (Step 10)
NOTE: First time hires to the Federal Government are typically hired at the Step 01.
This is an interdisciplinary position and is being advertised concurrently with the following announcements:
Open to all U.S. citizens under: USGS-DEN-21-11145283-DE-PJL
As a Research Ecologist/Wildlife Biologist (Assistant Unit Leader) within the South Carolina Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, some of your specific duties will include:
- Plans, conducts, and directs research related to fish, wildlife, or ecological resources, with application to contemporary science, policy and management needs.
- Conducts research that is cooperator driven and provides scientific basis for management and policy decisions.
- Serves as subject matter expert in fish and wildlife ecology, providing leadership and guidance to government and private agencies and university representatives through participation in meetings, conferences and work groups.
- Disseminate research results via final reports, peer-reviewed print scientific journals, online scientific journals, books, book chapters or other outlets. Make presentations on findings to scientific and conservation organizations.
- Serves as graduate faculty member, contributing to both the research, graduate student mentorship, and teaching mission of the university.
- Operates a government owned or leased vehicle as an incidental driver.
Desired candidates will possess the following:
1) Ability to build an applied research program focused on the quantitative ecology, management, and conservation of wildlife.
2) Demonstrated experience designing, conducting, and publishing peer-reviewed research involving a spatial and/or landscape component.
3) Expertise in analysis of animal movement and/or habitat-dynamics as it pertains to climate change, habitat connectivity, and/or conservation physiology is highly desirable.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for up to five nights per month.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605736700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.