The Lead Civil Rights Analyst position is located in the DOT Departmental Office of Civil Rights (DOCR). As a Lead Civil Rights Analyst, you will serve as a subject matter expert to support DOT’s compliance with federal civil rights statutes and specifically focused on DOT’s Title VI program, analysis, technical assistance and initiatives.Learn more about this agency
The Lead Civil Rights Analyst:
- Serve as a subject matter expert on federal civil rights laws, especially Title VI, and bring significant expertise to a broad range of assignments across the entire spectrum of the civil rights jurisdiction.
- Implements DOCR’s Title VI program goals, manages workplan, tracks progress and reports outcomes.
- Evaluate public complaints to determine whether they represent potential violations of the federal civil rights statutes; facilitate or assign complaint investigations, as needed; and tracks and provides regular reporting and trend analysis on Title VI complaints and matters and other civil rights complaints, as requested.
- Partners with other civil rights program staff within DOCR and across DOT’s Operating Administrations and federal government as well as communicates and collaborates with them on results and analyses when developing statistical evidence of discrimination in the investigative process.
- Conduct training for employees on research approaches, applications, programs, and techniques used in compliance activities.
- Utilizes academic and legal research, fact-finding, and problem-solving methods to conduct portions of research work that is being performed on complex systemic equal opportunity problems related to employment and to transportation program access.
- Drafts thoroughly researched memoranda that appropriately frame the issue and a finding related to discrimination and transportation access, and communicates recommendations in a clear, persuasive manner covering the various important problems or issues being investigated under Title VI and Title VII, and other Federal civil rights laws.
Ideal Candidate: The Office of the Secretary, Departmental Office of Civil Rights (DOCR) is seeking a motivated, self-reliant, collaborative, innovative, passionate and people-oriented candidate to serve as DOT’s Title VI Program Manager and support the activities of DOCR’s Equity and Access Division. The ideal candidate must have integrity and advocate for the program. The ideal candidate must have knowledge of civil rights laws and policy advancing equity and access for historically overburdened and underserved communities. Fluency in a foreign language is desirable.
25% or less - Some travel is required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605706000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.