THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a AMMUNITION INSPECTOR, Position Description Number D2295000 and is part of the Headquarters, ARNG Training Site, Camp Edwards, National Guard. This is a Bargaining Unit position. The unit point of contact and contact phone for this position is: MAJ Alexander McDonough at (339) 202-9303.Learn more about this agency
1. Assists in the inspection of ammunition, to include performing maintenance, care preservation, shipping and storage operations, assuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety regulations, drawings, and other assigned activities during operations. Spot checks ammunition accountability and stock accounting procedures. Contributes to causative research by identifying items with lost or missing identifications; or, material items found on-post through verification inspection. Researches through data bases to identify lots and dates of arrival. Assists in the inspections of ammunition storage structures to assure safe storage, compatibility, explosive limits; and, identifies structural deterioration and inventory and security practices. 25%
2. Directs preparation of various ammunition transaction documents pertaining to receipts, issues, location changes, turn-ins, shipping, along with the maintenance and inventory adjustment of ammunition items. Performs safe-handling procedures and explosive safety requirements for the issue, receipt, storage, maintenance, and transportation of ammunition. Must be active in collecting transactions affecting asset visibility, serial numbers, condition codes, lot number identification by class and compatibility group, and DODIC data/transfer as required IAW AR 55-355, AR 190-11, AR 190-51, DA PAM 385-64 and DOT Regulations. Escorts, loads, and unloads trucks in the ASP. Maintains magazine data cards and planography (if required) on location and updates as necessary. Sorts, visually inspects, and locates items by DODIC, lot number and condition codes. 25%
3. Provides technical assistance and guidance in using the automated Standard Army Ammunition System Modernization (SAAS-MOD) system. When required, loads change packages, uploads inventory data, runs reports and provides technical advice on stock record control operations to co-workers and customers. Monitors pending receipts/shipments and maintains overall operational awareness of activities within the ASP. Maintains hard copy files of supply transactions, voucher numbers, causative research, adjustment documents, documents, document register, and other records related to ASP operations. Collects data and provides reports as required. 20%
4. Plans and accomplishes inventories of all stocks. Oversees and directs causative research required to correct discrepancies. Assists in accountability for all ammunition, missiles/rockets, residue, components and packing materials stored at the ASP. Uses available resources to resolve errors; determines the cause of discrepancies; and, makes required adjustments to bring stock records into agreement with inventories. Provides technical assistance in using the various programs in order to maintain a complete and accurate database. Performs location surveys and sensitive item inventories as directed. 15%
5. Archives files and performs system back-ups and restore applications. Uses various computer operation systems/programs (MS-Windows; MS-Office) to enhance administrative capabilities; and, develops unique databases and spreadsheets, as needed for management, of munitions stocked, issued, and received by the ASP. Prepares and ensures daily, weekly, and monthly files and reports are transmitted to the appropriate offices. Coordinates with other unit personnel to ensure the smooth operation of ammunition projects concerned with requirements, receipts, shipping, re-warehousing activities, issues, turn-ins, and material disposition. 10%
6. Reviews data input, reports, change packages, day-to-day operations and makes recommendations to resolve problems. Provides SAAS-MOD automated system training for new users. Trains ASP personnel on the proper operation of the SAAS-MOD computer system; as well as, other authorized software applications. Maintains hardware and software systems and manual records, if required, to successfully perform stock control and accounting procedures for ammunition and explosives. Reports to the Accountable Officer (AO); ASP Manager, Ammunition NCO; and/or, the Ammunition Supervisor for instructions and ammunition handling procedures. Assists the Accountable Officer, ASP Manager, Ammunition NCO, and the Ammunition Supervisor in maintaining accountability for all ammunition, missiles, rockets, residue, components and packing materials stored at the ASP. 5%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605601800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.