This position is located in the Department of State’s (DoS) Bureau of African Affairs, Office of Public Diplomacy and Public Affairs (AF/PDPA). AF/PDPA is responsible for communicating U.S. Africa foreign policy priorities to a variety of domestic and global audiences. AF/ PDPA develops and implements communications and outreach strategies to advance key priorities.Learn more about this agency
- Provides daily expert analysis and guidance on speechwriting, media relations, social media, and the press guidance process to the AF-Press Team.
- Functions as the Deputy Spokesperson and serves as a senior liaison on behalf of the Bureau of African Affairs, interacting regularly with senior Department, and interagency leadership.
- Coordinates the work of all AF-Press Team members in support of the Bureau’s overall strategic messaging via domestic and press outreach, social media, domestic outreach, and congressional engagement.
- Develops analyses and prepares memoranda, cables, white papers, and reports with actionable findings and recommendations that inform and support continual refinement of communication plans.
- Mentors, guides, and provides technical assistance to other AF Press Team members as directed by the Supervisory Foreign Affairs Officer for External Affairs.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605581500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.