If selected, you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for litigating and trying complex and high profile cases in federal district courts and before administrative law judges. This includes cases involving cyber-related violations.Learn more about this agency
- Develops, litigates and conducts trials and hearings of cases in federal district courts and agency administrative proceedings that present unique legal, evidentiary and policy challenges and present the opportunity to establish legal precedent.
- Oversees the conduct of cases and makes decisions regarding tactics and strategy to be employed; represents the SEC throughout the course of the litigation, addresses highly complex legal and factual issues and manages SEC cases efficiently.
- Provides expert litigation advice, including policy, and regulatory recommendations by maintaining and exhibiting knowledge, insight, and understanding of the assigned specialized segment of the market in order to respond to inquiries in litigation.
- Oversees all aspects of discovery in complex cases including domestic and foreign discovery and sophisticated work with expert witnesses.
- Fosters productive work relationships with federal and state regulators and criminal authorities.
- Provides agency representation in negotiations and discussion with senior officials and/or lawyers and formulates proposed settlements that often have broad legal implications.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605534800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.