You will serve as the supervisory Senior Scientific Technical Manager (SSTM), Director, Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering with a staff 100 employees, managing a budget of $26 million and located at the U.S. Naval Research Laboratory (NRL), Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
THIS IS A DIRECT HIRE ANNOUNCEMENT (see the Additional Information section for further information regarding this Direct Hire Authority).
- You will be a Navy technical expert in bio/molecular science and engineering.
- You will plan and supervise the Center's scientific program.
- You will provide technical and administrative leadership.
- You will ensure Center staff have superior technical, business and leadership skills to meet current and emerging Center responsibilities in the Navy Working Capital Fund environment.
- You will establish the Center's priorities for the research and development portfolio, its utility and relevance to Naval power, usefulness in other research/development fields and value in increasing scientific knowledge, invention and innovation.
- You will represent Naval Research Laboratory (NRL) in the research and development in biomolecular science and engineering.
- You will arrange for cooperative research with other government agencies or laboratories where it is beneficial to the nation and make commitments for projects to be undertaken and executed by members of his or her Center.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605421400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.