This position is located in the Office of Information Technology, Department of the Chief Operating Officer, in Washington, DC.Learn more about this agency
- Defines and manages IT and/or enterprise application related programs and/or projects, or other area of responsibility, to include strategic direction for program initiatives and activities, personnel, infrastructure, policy enforcement, emergency planning, IT and/or cybersecurity awareness, and/or other resources.
- Provides oversight to ensure application services delivery and program/project work is adhered to the larger strategic view developed by senior management.
- Responsibilities includes management of legacy application modernization efforts and supporting new application development initiatives, support all phases of development and CI/CD pipeline, stakeholder expectations, ensuring projects stays on track for successful delivery.
- Manages one or more large IT program(s) to provide products and/or services. Coordinates, communicates, and integrates IT projects and program activities.
- Ensures that the work effort achieves the outcome as specified within the IT business strategies. Work encompasses the decision-making and negotiation responsibilities involved in executing the program efforts.
- Conducts systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews; participate in application and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies.
- Researches current technology to understand capabilities of required system or network; research and evaluate all available technologies and standards to meet customer requirements.
- Designs and develops new tools/technologies.
- Identifies customers' information systems requirements; analyzes information systems requirements or environment.
- Plans, installs, configures, tests, implements, and manages the systems environment.
- Analyzes design constraints, trade-offs, and detailed system and security designs to identify necessary lifecycle support; and design and develop secure interface specifications between interconnected systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605293300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.