This position is located at Department of Housing and Urban Development, Asst Secretary for Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity.Learn more about this agency
This opportunity is also open to Status eligibles under announcement 21-HUD-1502. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
As a/an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY SPECIALIST, you will:
- Intake/Assess, investigate, conciliate, and/or resolve complex, highly sensitive and difficult allegations of discrimination related to housing, and employment.
- Conduct systemic housing discrimination complaints, which affect large numbers of minorities and women, or which have been in effect for a substantial period of time, resulting in institutional or flagrant housing discrimination patterns of practices.
- Prepare final investigative reports or a standard compliance review format which includes specifying issues, presenting facts germane to those issues, critically analyzing evidence, and making findings and recommendations.
- Interview complainants and witnesses to obtain evidence relevant to the allegation of discrimination.
- Assess program effectiveness by reviewing fair housing program plans for consistency with program objectives. Identifies operational problems and recommends corrective action.
25% or less - 1-5 nights per month
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605182100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.