About the Position: The incumbent serves as a National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) subject matter expert within the United States Army Environmental Command (USAEC). Contributes to the development of NEPA planning and document development for proposed Military Construction, weapon/equipment fielding, personnel stationing and other major actions in support of Army Readiness.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct pre-contract scoping requirements and develop environmental analysis documents in compliance with NEPA in support of Army actions that are often controversial and complex in nature.
- Serve as a primary contact for technical guidance, planning validation, and environmental analyses in support of the Dept. of the Army missions to include construction, stationing as well as range and training requirements.
- Represent USAEC in planning charrette and design review meetings.
- Coordinate with, and serves as point-of-contact for, installations, Army Commands, or other Federal, state and local agencies and private interests on environmental, and cultural aspects of assigned projects.
- Provide NEPA technical assistance to Army installations and coordinates information dissemination through Community of Practice teleconferences and other media.
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/605065000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.