THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (Title 32), Position Description Number D2006000 and is part of the IL MILPO, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a SUPERVISORY HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (MILITARY) (Title 32), GS-0201-12, you will supervise and manage, through subordinate supervisors, the following human resource programs: Casualty Operations/Survivor Outreach Services (SOS), Military Funeral Honors (MFH), Yellow Ribbon, and Domestic Violence Prevention and Suicide Prevention.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Provide management advisory services to all aspects of program management regarding Soldier Services.
- Oversee the development and administration of state rules and procedures adapted from policies and guidance prescribed by the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Army (DA), National Guard Bureau (NGB) and applicable state statutes.
- Meet with key customer and coordinating officials to assess customer satisfaction, explain organization policy and procedures, and resolve problems that arise.
- Provide or ensure that subordinates provide customer guidance and training.
- Supervise fulltime permanent employees.
- Make work assignments to employees, consider employees capabilities, establish performance standards, evaluate work performance, give advice and counsel to employees, interview candidates for positions and approve selection, establish priorities, ensure technical quality of work products, initiate personnel actions, approve leave, resolve employee complaints, and exercise disciplinary control.
- Identify or consult with subordinate supervisors and Human Resources Specialists on employee developmental needs and provide or arrange for training (formal and on-the-job) to maintain and improve job performance.
- Hear and resolve employee complaints and refer serious unresolved complaints to higher-level management.
- Evaluate subordinate workers performance ensuring consistency and equity in rating techniques.
- Review the goals and objectives developed by subordinates that integrate organization and military human resources objectives and establish policies and procedures for accomplishment of the same.
- Maintain an effective position management program and ensure that position descriptions are accurate.
- Research and determine or recommend appropriate actions or interpretation of issues that impact organization, installation, command, or agency.
- Perform work and supervision in one or more of the following programs: Casualty Operations/Survivor Outreach Services, Military Funeral Honors (MFH), Yellow ribbon, and Domestic Violence Prevention and Suicide Prevention.
- Establish analysis systems to ensure actions are timely and reviewed at critical points.
- Identify need for changes in priorities and take action to implement such changes.
- Support equal employment opportunity and labor-management relations programs.
- Develop, modify, and/or interpret performance standards.
- Advise officials at the National Guard Bureau (NGB) on problems involving the relationship between the work of the organization supervised and broader programs, and the impact on such programs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604890600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.