The United States Probation Office in the District of Hawaii invites applications for the position of Drug Analysis Technician located in Honolulu, Hawaii. The position is responsible for providing technical support services through the efficient operation of an on-site regional lab facility.Learn more about this agency
- Performs daily start up and calibration procedures on the analyzer and assists in completion of the daily operations of the lab.
- Assists with the operation and maintenance of the urinalysis equipment, the management of supplies, verification of monthly billings and technical assistance on matters relating to testing procedures, including training to district staff on proper collection methods, chain of custody issues and drug use identification.
- Performs chemical analysis for detection of illegal drug/controlled substances.
- Performs re-screen procedures on positive specimens as required. Sends positive specimens to the national contract laboratory for confirmation when requested. Maintains contact with the national contract laboratory and assists with review of all billing prior to submission for payment to ensure accuracy.
- Fax/mail/scans results and positive chain of custody forms to officer(s) per district's preference.
- Verifies chain of custody procedures were followed for each sample and reports procedural lapses to vendor(s), officer(s), or submitting district(s).
- Enters and manages testing data in the appropriate database(s) on a daily basis.
- Maintains current updates on data changes within the laboratory automation system and analyzers. - Testifies in court, as required, regarding chain of custody and testing methodologies and also keeps abreast of technological developments in the drug test process.
- Reports all hazardous or safety-related incidents encountered in the course of duty to the appropriate authority for entry in the Safety and Information Reporting Systems (SIRS).
- Adheres to the security and confidentiality standards of the laboratory.
- Collection of urine specimens on-site and pick-up of specimens from local vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
24 - CL-24.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604755100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.