This position is located in Police Service at the Durham Veterans Medical Center. The primary duties of the Telecommunications Equipment Operator is to provide voice and data communication services to the Police Service. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining communications and the flow of voice radio traffic among police units operating on patrol and at stationary posts.Learn more about this agency
The Telecommunications Equipment Operator is assigned in the Police Operations Office and is a data entry operator in computer terminals and conducting wants/warrant checks, vehicle registration checks and criminal history checks through the National Crime Information Center (NCIC). The incumbent will use the approved radio language and assure proper radio procedures, monitor and operate Security Surveillance Television System (SSTV), receive all routine and emergency phone call for assistance, screen calls prepares operational journal, monitors motion intrusion and or panic alarm computer systems and additional alarm panels. Issue vehicle decals to employees, volunteers, students, contractors or other identified in the medical center's vehicle registration policy. Examples of major duties include but are not limited to;
- Practicing police operations to detect criminal activity via the SSTV
- Dispatching police or other personnel to immediately investigate alarm activations
- Performing administrative duties, copying, creating, printing and formulating.
- Dispatching police personnel, notifying supervisor, and entering informative data into the police journal.
- Maintains an accurate chronology of shift activity in the daily journal
- Uses National Crime Information Computer to access sensitive law enforcement information to support investigations
- Observe multiple monitors and multiple security cameras maintaining optimum coverage of the Health Care System grounds through sequential calibration of the cameras.
Compressed/Flexible: not available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position. This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Telecommunications Equipment Operator/PD06625A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604566700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.