This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Information and Technology for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Service Management Office (SMO), IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Process Management. The SMO is a center of excellence focused on driving fully-integrated IT services to optimize design, delivery, operation, and sourcing of IT Services.Learn more about this agency
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
431 - Knowledge Manager - Knowledge Management
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD17518A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- Facilitates the implementation and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) services, processes, and technology to ensure focus on business goals and customer needs.
- Supports all matters pertaining to designing, defining and maintaining process definition and documentation for the assigned process area.
- Designs, develops, and recommends processes and measures, data collection techniques, data analysis methodology, and data integrity tools and systems.
- Creates policies and procedures to be employed throughout the assigned process area and monitors their execution and continuous improvement.
- Develops tracking and reporting mechanisms, conducts evaluations and analyses, and develops solutions for short-term and long-term action plans based on program assessments.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604565000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.