This position is part of the The Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board. The incumbent will be responsible for serving as the General Counsel for the Privacy and Civil Liberties Oversight Board ("Board").Learn more about this agency
- Providing advice and counsel to the Board and Board Members on legal and policy issues relating to the Boards operations.
- Assisting the Board and Board Members with research and analysis and on legal and policy issues related to the Boards operations as well as legal issues relevant to pursuit of the Boards mission.
- Interpreting laws, statutes, and regulations and advising Board Members and senior management on proposed and existing legislation and policies.
- Preparing and reviewing congressional testimony, providing senior level officials with legal advice on various aspects of policies, plans and programs.
- Advising managers, employees, and the general public on issues related to FOIA, ethics, and a wide variety of matters concerning employee behaviors and responsibilities.
- Developing and maintaining policies, procedures and systems, supervises the Deputy General Counsel and the overall activities of the OGC to ensure smooth coordination of activities among Board staff.
- Representing PCLOB in formal legal proceedings, including legal actions filed against the PCLOB.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604448200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.