Positions are located on a Forest Service Job Corps Civilian Conservation Center.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent of this position serves as a recreation assistant responsible for organizing and administering a conventional basic recreational and physical fitness program or segments of an entire program.
For information for Anaconda please contact Robert Swanson at email@example.com 406-563-8753
For information for Trapper Creek please contact William Ferguson at William.Ferguson@usda.gov 406-821-2128
- Provides on-site supervision of recreational activities to students with various skill levels and backgrounds.
- Ensures a safe, healthy atmosphere for all students performing recreational and physical fitness activities.
- Ensures that self-directed activities are carried out in accordance with the recreational plans.
- Identifies and makes changes in processes and/or procedures in order to have full participation by students.
- Schedules, coordinates, and supervises recurring group activities including making reservations, acquiring transportation, and other related arrangements and providing information concerning these activities based on overall recreation program plans.
- Identifies and recommends changes or modification to the recreation and physical fitness program.
- Performs special assignments in facility-wide programs or volunteer sponsored activities.
- Meets individually with students to discuss day-to-day problems encountered in recreational and physical fitness activities.
- Gives practical advice and counsel to students and proposes solutions to routine problems without imposing personal values.
- Serves as a lifeguard and water safety instructor.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604430500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.