The ideal candidate for this position will have at least three years experience managing complex IT projects from initiation to sustainment and demonstration. This position starts at a salary of $103,690 (GS-13). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration team within FEMA.Learn more about this agency
View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling on those who want to help protect American interests and secure our Nation. DHS Components work collectively to prevent terrorism; secure borders and our transportation systems; protect the President and other dignitaries; enforce and administer immigration laws; safeguard cyberspace; and ensure resilience to disasters. We achieve these vital missions through a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
When disaster strikes, America looks to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. FEMA prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
In this position, you will serve as an IT Project Manager in the Federal Insurance and Mitigation Administration (FIMA), Risk Management Directorate, IT and Data Management Branch. Typical assignments include:
- Leading multiple concurrent projects using expertise in Agile development and IT project management methods to develop and maintain complex systems and applications. Managing schedule, security, budget, performance, quality, and risks to meet agency needs.
- Identifying and helping prioritize customers' technology requirements; conducting research and tradeoff analyses to make design decisions.
- Briefing internal and external stakeholders, including senior leadership, on all aspects of the project and provide recommendations. Facilitating and participating in stakeholder-centric project reviews.
- Identifying and communicate performance expectations for contractors. Monitor and manage performance against expectations.
- Keeping abreast of emerging technology to advise management on future IT needs and support organizational change initiatives.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604389100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.