THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a Sheet Metal Mechanic (Aircraft), Position Description Number D1371000 and is part of the WY 153rd Maintenance Squadron, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position's primary purpose is to accomplish the inspection, repair, modification, installation and troubleshooting of sheet metal, fiberglass, bonded honeycomb and other structural materials and components as well as treatment (i.e., mechanical and chemical), and painting of missiles, aircraft powered and nonpowered Aerospace Ground Equipment (AGE), and monitoring aircraft and equipment washing.
(1) Independently inspects aircraft and determines the nature and extent of repairs to be made, using applicable technical orders as guidelines.
(2) Repairs cracks in aircraft skin.
(3) Troubleshoots aircraft structural repair situations in such areas as fuselage, tails, wings, cowlings, and stabilizers. Removes, forms, fits, and installs highly stressed and double contoured skins, using hand or powered drilling and cutting tools and other metal working equipment.
(4) Aligns and balances component structures and airframe using precision measuring instruments and levels.
(5) Inspects damage or deterioration and determines repair or replacement of plastic, fiberglass, composites, bonded structures, and bonded honeycomb assemblies using powered and nonpowered tools and equipment.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604284700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.