Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
This position is located at any BLM Office/Center.
We expect to fill 1 vacancy at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
This is a Direct-Hire advertisement. Veterans preference is not applicable to this advertisement. Learn more about this authority at: Direct Hire Authority
- Assist with the development and implementation of standardized monitoring programs for riparian and wetland ecosystems throughout the BLM.
- Oversee field data collection logistics for the lentic (riparian and wetland) AIM program as it is implemented through national, state, district and field offices and/or contractors/partners.
- Lead communication with various agency representatives, managers, and scientists throughout the BLM and with partnering agencies to ensure effective field implementation.
- Oversee coordination with these multiple groups including ensuring training, equipment, and agreement/contracting needs are meet to effectively complete annual sampling.
- Provide knowledge of and assist in development and implementation of protocols and trainings to ensure that data collected are consistent with the needs of the program.
- Ensures that data collected are assessed for quality through a standardized quality assurance / quality control program developed by the data manager.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures to determine how AIM may integrate into BLM public land management.
- Oversees and may prepare contracts/agreements/MOU?s or other partnership/collaboration tools.
- Completes purchase requisitions.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604187700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.