About the Position: The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers' Vicksburg District is one of 41 Army Corps districts worldwide and one of six districts in the Corps' Mississippi Valley Division (MVD). The Vicksburg District provides services to develop and manage the Nation's water resources needs in an environmentally sustainable manner. We provide flood control, water supply, navigation, emergency operations, environmental restoration, hydropower and water quality for over 68,000 square miles.Learn more about this agency
- Prepares Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments in support of work related to identifying hazardous, toxic, and radioactive waste.
- Assures that water resources projects are in compliance with all environmental laws and regulations.
- Works within the boundaries of the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), Endangered Species Act (ESA), Marine Mammal Protection Act, Fish and Wildlife coordination Act (FWCA), Clean Air Act, and Clean Water Act.
- Reviews biological components of environmental documents for technical accuracy.
- Serves as environmental coordinator in multi-disciplinary planning efforts on numerous complex projects involving significant biological and ecological plan formulation problems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604170300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.