The position formulates policy, ensures compliance with federal and state laws and conducts thorough research of federal implementing regulations. Provides guidance while communicating complex information to the Executive leadership, facility staff and outside stakeholdersLearn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
- Implements unique policies and procedures to manage agency information, providing assistance and services to the general public and an organization, agency or facility staff members.
- Supports developing a local level strategy for data governance, which includes leading from the executive office and creating a unique program that includes diverse processes and specific policies which are independent of other facilities.
- Monitors and covers all aspects of the collection, use, dissemination, disclosure and destruction of information within an organization, agency or facility.
- Develops and integrates policy based processes, roles and controls that influences how data is created, collected, used, stored and destroyed throughout the organization.
- Adjudicates complex privacy and FOIA decisions that affect employees, customers and commercial businesses in the absence of supervision.
- Performs in-depth legal research that pertains to both federal and state statutes to render expertise, provide solutions and facilitate corrective action.
- Safeguards information while supporting accountability and transparency initiatives.
- Analyzes all of the interrelated issues that affect the privacy/FOIA program and plans and conducts monitoring activities which measure the overall level of operational compliance by the facility.
- Teaches and trains employees on general data protection procedures and detailed service specific practices for daily operations and uses technology to provide required privacy/FOIA training and supplemental education.
- Performs assessment of privacy-related risks associated with business activities that involve processing of personal and sensitive data.
- Investigates non-compliance of privacy related issues at all levels of an organization, agency or facility and outside of these entities when information is involved.
- Formulates policy, ensures compliance with federal and state laws and conducts thorough research of federal implementing regulations.
- Provides guidance while communicating complex information to the Executive leadership, facility staff and outside stakeholders.
- Applies a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of data governance program effectiveness.
- Performs other duties assigned as related to the position.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604169100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.