This position is located in Grand Canyon National Park on the South Rim, in the Facilities Management Division. Please visit find a park for additional park information.Learn more about this agency
- This position as a Environmental Health Technician /Laboratory Technician for the state certified environmental laboratory within the Grand Canyon National Park working for the Park's Water Utility.
- This position will collect and analyze samples, assess water and wastewater facilities across the canyon, on the South Rim, North Rim, and Inner Canyon, occasionally requiring hiking, flying and traveling by helicopter to access remote sites.
- Perform analytical testing and laboratory analyses for in-house testing of water/wastewater using appropriate methods that are approved by the regulatory authority.
- Perform all recordkeeping and data management duties for the state-certified laboratory, drinking water, and four (4) wastewater treatment plants.
- Prepare over 100 regulatory reports each year, including Drinking Water Reports, Discharge Monitoring Reports, Aquifer Protection Permit Self-Monitoring Reports, Bacteriological Monitoring Reports, Biosolids Reports, and Water Use Reports.
- Responsible for ensuring park compliance with all drinking water, wastewater, and environmental regulations, Ground Water Rule, Revised Total Coliform Rule , Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Monitoring Assistance Program requirements, etc.
- Responsible for all purchases and requisitions of state-certified laboratory, process control laboratories in all wastewater treatment plants, and safety equipment within the laboratory budget.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604164900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.