Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
WHAT IS THE RESEARCH, APPLIED ANALYTICS & STATISTICS DIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Develops experimental designs and sample designs to meet customer requirements. Plans the project or study, including the resources required, the objectives, methodology, analysis and sampling plans, time frames, and involvement of other functions, and obtains any necessary approvals. Devises and implements systems to gather, record, retain, track, and update data required to support study/project objectives. May act as a senior research analyst, providing non-supervisory technical guidance to more junior analysts and exercising responsibility for the technical adequacy and accuracy of the projects.
- Conducts research in the development of mathematical statistical techniques applicable to Service operations.
- Ensures that appropriate research, statistical, and mathematical techniques are used. Reviews the application of statistical methodologies used by Research to ensure consistency with accepted statistical standards. Applies automated data processing methods to statistical techniques used in all areas of research.
- As a specialist in the field of mathematical statistics, provides expert and professional mathematical/statistical assistance when projects/studies are performed in conjunction with other functions, or upon request from others within and outside of the government. Consults with and advises other specialists, such as economists, general statisticians, and operations research analysts, and frequently works closely with them. Represents SB/SE Research and the Office of Research on inter-agency task forces and in dealing with other functional areas. Serves as a consultant to other functions on the appropriate application of mathematical statistics methodology to their operations.
- Evaluates and documents the study/project results, and prepares recommendations based on statistical/mathematical findings. Interprets mathematical and statistical limitations and qualifications of study results in terms that are technically correct and at the same time meaningful to non-statisticians.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604160500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.