This position is in the Logistics Office, Office of the Director, Selective Service System (SSS). The SSS is an independent agency serving the emergency manpower needs of the Military by conscripting untrained manpower, or personnel with professional health care skills. The Logistics Office is responsible for timely service, professional leadership, expert guidance to internal/external customers managing facilities, property, transportation, mail management, procurement and contract processing.Learn more about this agency
As a Support Services Specialist, GS-0342-11, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision:
- Conduct basic contract administration and negotiation related to supplies, furniture, printing, construction, maintenance and repairs.
- Assures that all printing and procurement requests meet Agency and government-wide guidelines. The incumbent negotiates product, price, and delivery schedule to the best advantage of the Agency. Incumbent obligates funds in the Agency's procurement database and processes the request.
- Serve as a motor vehicle operator for the Director, Senior Executive Service personnel and other Senior Leaders assigned to the Agency within the National Capital Region (NCR).
- Maintain a travel charge card and coordinate with Executive Assistant and agency staff regarding official government travel and scheduled appointments.
- Assist with the physical security of agency equipment, safes, doors, locks, etc., and processes requests for key lock and combination lock changes, and safe lockout recovery.
- Maintain supplies, furniture, drapes, carpeting, ADP equipment, printing, binding, construction, renovation, maintenance, repairs, telephone, and communication equipment.
- Serves as the budget point of contact for the Office for vendors to discuss goods/services provided, invoicing, and payment.. Provides data on past expenditures, quality assessment of current services, and recommendations regarding continued need. Solves outstanding payment and vendor problems in liaison with the Financial Management Directorate.
- Input all original, verified, and amended invoices into the automated tracking systems.
- Conduct preliminary negotiations with vendors on product, price, and delivery schedule to the best advantage of the organization's operational needs.
- Implement internal controls as developed by the supervisor to ensure that resources are safeguarded against waste, loss, unauthorized use and misappropriation.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604159600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.