This position is part of the Region 1 Headquarter. The incumbent will be responsible for highly complex administrative programs involving key aspects of the Agency mission. The program segments directed have a direct impact on the mission of the agency and involve the national interest. The work impacts the majority of the Nation's populations and receives frequent or continuing congressional and media attention.Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
As a Operations Manager at the GS-0301-13, some of your typical work assignments may include under supervision:
- Ensuring manpower and material expenditures are directly linked to program/mission objectives.
- Preparing reports and recommendations that reflect significant findings and solutions to important and unusual problems.
- Developing, managing, and training Project and Program Management processes, standards, and templates.
- Conducting research and studies of logistics operations for the area or program to determine system and procedural deficiencies, and developing improvements therein.
- Consulting with management and planning personnel in preparing requirements and criteria for complex or high value analysis projects.
- Planning projects to solve technical problems for which definitions, methods, and/or data are highly incomplete, controversial, or uncertain.
- Serving as a top-level consultant and advisor to agency officials regarding broad research while advising and assisting on format design, data monitoring, and related aspects of statistical methods and study design.
- Responsible for the daily operations of a joint military civilian Regional Headquarters with operational control in numerous states and territories.
- Ensures that the Agency's Strategic Plan goals and objectives related to the incumbent's duties and responsibilities are efficiently and effectively accomplished.
- Interprets Selective Service law, regulations, and policy and provides administrative, technical, and program guidance to office staff, State Directors, and Reserve Forces personnel.
- Reviews, analyzes, and reports on measurable readiness factors within the Region.
- Ensures the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Region annual readiness and training plan and readiness reference material.
- Provides guidance in the maintenance of State, Area Office and Alternative Service Office Mobilization and Readiness Plans and reference materials.
- Analyzes resource utilization and cost constraints within the program's portion of the Region budget.
- Evaluates reports on availability of funds and resources to meet operational needs.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604156000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.