About the Position: Must be able to satisfy the requirements of the 26JUL12 DODI 1400.25 V1230, DoD Civilian Personnel Management System: Employment in Foreign Areas and Employee Return Rights. Visit http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/140025v1230.pdf.Learn more about this agency
This announcement is for Temporary deployment tours which vary in length depending on location. Tour lengths may be 6 months, 9 months or 1 year being the most often used.
- Serves as Mechanical Engineer, prepares drawings and specifications for private architect-engineer contracts and reviews contractor's designs.
- Develops original plans, design analyzes, and specifications for complex mechanical features of design work accomplished in-house.
- Drafts technical specifications, design criteria and drawings in conjunction with designs generated in-house.
- Visits sites of proposed future projects to acquire field data necessary to support design.
- Participates in conferences to discuss methods for resolving design discrepancies and integrating various technical requirements into designs.
- Through expert application of proven techniques during design review, reveals conditions of design requirements which will result in excessive cost.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604128300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.