This National Guard position is for a Production Controller, Position Description Number D0749000and is part of the Arkansas Air, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED
1. Implements preliminary (advance) maintenance plans for assigned weapon systems and schedules immediate maintenance for transient aircraft. Designates, maintains and monitors current maintenance repair priorities of aircraft to ensure actuality and compliance with flying schedules. Authorizes and assigns aircraft maintenance jobs, job control numbers either manually or through a computerized maintenance system, work priorities, and start and completion times f or scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of aircraft. Conducts the control and dispatch of shop assignments. Monitors progress of job completion by dispatched personnel. Controls maintenance on assigned aircraft and related support and training equipment. Takes prompt and decisive action to make on- the-spot adjustments to maintenance repair priorities necessitated by unscheduled maintenance requirements, and incorporates all unscheduled maintenance into a daily plan.
2. Maintains visual aids depicting status of maintenance actions in progress, specialist availability and status of aerospace vehicles, aerospace ground equipment (AGE), training equipment, transportation and tow vehicles, munitions loads, arming of guns and munitions, and location of aircraft and dispatched AGE. Maintains a visual schedule of daily flying, noting deviations and cancellations.
3. Coordinates with Materiel Control on mission capable (MICAP) and non-mission capable status (NMCS) of parts, adjustments to in-shop work priorities, and verification of urgency of need designators. Determines the source of supply for cannibalization actions.
4. Coordinates with Quality Assurance on functional check flight (FCF) requirements, Air Operations on flying schedule, other maintenance shops for coordination of repair work and with other functional areas as required.
5. Requests necessary support services such as fire fighting activity standby, fuel and defuel and civil engineer support. Directs physical movement of aircraft and aerospace ground equipment.
6. Controls the maintenance communications and transportation systems to provide for the effective transmission of information and movement of material and maintenance personnel.
7. Develops and maintains current procedural check sheets for use during actions such as mass loads combat turnaround, broken arrow (nuclear emergency), emergency notification, aircraft crash, flightline fire, severe weather warning evacuation. Monitors and revises the sequence of preselected aircraft required for contingency commitments.
8. Makes required inputs to the automated data system and retrieves data and/or computer generated products as required.
9. Conducts training of assigned military personnel.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604099600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.