This position is located in the Region Two Regional Office located in Lakewood, CO.Learn more about this agency
The position has responsibility for managing regional programs including Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Electronic Freedom of Information Act (EFOIA), and Privacy Act (PA) for the Region.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Joshua Sidon at 720-556-1191 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinate the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA) program activities and policies with senior officials to ensure statutory compliance.
- Provide operational oversight, direction and guidance to the organization on all Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA) matters.
- Develop and maintain a variety of logs and/or suspense files by collecting statistics for Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA) activities.
- Ensure that proposed data collections subject to the Privacy Act (PA) are authorized by law and conform to privacy requirements.
- Serve as a liaison to external customers and/or recipients to clarify and resolve issues
- Provide advice and/or guidance to others with respect to appropriateness of disclosing Privacy Act (PA) data and/or releasing data to third parties.
- Prepare records for public release ensuring non-releasable portions have been thoroughly obliterated with exemptions clearly and fully explained.
- Prepare Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA) briefings for management officials and employees as required.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel for site visits, meetings and/or trainings may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604092100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.