This position is located in the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC), Office of the Director, Office of Finance, Budget and Procurement. NMAAHC is the national museum for the study and exposition of African American history and culture. Its primary purposes are to acquire, maintain and preserve objects. The purpose of the position is to organize and carry out a variety of financial management functions for the Office and assigned departments.Learn more about this agency
- Analyzes and evaluates (on a quantitative or qualitative basis) the effectiveness of financial management programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates proposed changes in missions, functions, and delegations of authority.
- Responsible for budget execution and overall financial management.
- Formulates budgets, projections and justifies budget requests.
- Reviews and monitors expenditures and reconciles objections.
- Serves as the focal point for training development, introduction and provision for technical guidance to staff on purchasing, contracting and travel regulation, policy and procedures.
- Reviews all procurement request to assure clarity, adequacy, completeness and timeliness and compliance with Agency policy and federal procurement regulations.
- Establishes measurement systems to effectively identify and qualify the level of services and organizational performance.
- Approves procurement for purchases or services up to $25,000.00.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604088500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.