Learn more about this agency
The Secretary (Typing) serves in the Office of the Associate Director, Department of Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Cheyenne VA Healthcare System, VISN 19 Rocky Mountain Network, Cheyenne, WY.
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-8. At the GS-7 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-8. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher level work, and availability of funds.
The major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides clerical and administrative assistance to the organization.
- Determines nature of call or business of visitors.
- Prepares and reviews correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Reviews work prepared by other clerical staff.
- Ensures correct grammar, spelling, capitalization, punctuation, and appropriate format in work prepared by self and others.
- Returns documents needing correction to the originator when necessary.
- Summarizes information from files and documents when this requires recognizing which information is not relevant to the problem at hand.
- Composes non-technical correspondence on topics such as office procedures, requests for
- information, and letters of acknowledgement, commendation or notification on a manual or automation equipment.
- Makes all travel arrangements to include itineraries, airline, rental car, hotel reservations, preparation of travel orders and vouchers.
- Maintains the supervisor's daily calendar, making appointments and arranging
- conferences and meetings without specific prior approval, based on a knowledge of the supervisor's schedule.
- Makes arrangements for such meetings by reserving space, setting the specific time, and contacting all personnel expected to attend.
- Collects such information, presenting in its original form or editing and revising as necessary.
- Researches regulations applicable to the subject for presentation in one package along with any previous correspondence on the same subject.
- Presents information for use by the superior when making speeches or presentations to local community civic and welfare groups.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday; 8:00AM-4:30PM
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604063100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.