The primary purpose of this position is to provide the overall direction and oversight for the Security, Compliance and Internal Controls (SCIC) section, including personnel management, strategy development, security assessment, and operations direction that provides a disciplined, reliable approach to the management of systems in Service Delivery Staff (SDS).Learn more about this agency
- Advises IT experts throughout Service Deliver Staff (SDS) on a variety of situations and issues that involve applying or adapting new theories, concepts, standards and practices.
- Plans and coordinates SDS wide implementation of government wide IT security defense strategies.
- Manages policies, government standards, security training and education for roles throughout SDS.
- Formulates implementation of long-range security policies for SDS and management guidelines for complex and changing information technology systems.
- Drafts, updates, edits, and reviews policies, documents compliance controls, and identifies required supporting materials.
- Recommends selections for subordinate supervisory positions, work leaders, group leaders, and project director positions responsible for coordinating the work of others.
- Provide administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work.
Occasional travel - Business travel required approximately 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/604024100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.