THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a JOINT OPERATIONS CENTER TECHNICIAN (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D12450000 and is part of the IL JS, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a JOINT OPERATIONS CENTER TECHNICIAN (TITLE 32), GS-0303-5/6/7, you will carry out duties which include: overall mission status of an armory or base and its assigned units, installation security, initiating emergency procedures, Crisis Action Team notification, and other duties critical to the conduct of the mission.
This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative services.
- Conduct studies to determine requirements for communication devices, office automation hardware and software.
- Ensure required publications are readily available.
- Type a variety of narrative and tabular correspondence from rough drafts and corrected copies.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Federal, state and public agencies and military units within the state.
- Take calls from Federal, state and the public on exchange of information and records all pertinent data.
- During joint forces exercises or actual emergencies, serve as a member of the JOC emergency response team to provide support to either the Federal, state or public operations.
- Perform various tasks, such as activating the JOC, exchanging information with other emergency response agencies, coordinating data collection and reporting, coordinating with field personnel, preparing briefings or situation reports, etc.
- Obtain and/or exchange information pertinent to emergency support plans and activities of mutual interest or major concern.
- Evaluate, analyze and disseminate information of interest to the JOC Manager, Adjutant General or his staff.
- Record action taken, equipment assigned and other pertinent information in various databases.
- Examine, analyze and interpret data from a variety of resources, i.e., interrelated electronic monitoring instruments, visual displays, area maps, news reports, and electronic mail to detect conditions of the area, either normal or abnormal.
- Assist in the management and daily operations of the Joint Operations Center.
- Relay information through various communications equipment to appropriate personnel.
- May participate with the JOC Manager in briefing key staff members on significant emergency situations and providing situational assessments requiring response and recommendations for appropriate action.
- Ensure all classified documents are properly prepared, reproduced, distributed and stored.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603960100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.