The National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities (NIMHD) is seeking candidates with a commitment to scientific excellence and the energy, enthusiasm, and innovative thinking in minority health and health disparities research expertise to serve as Program Officers providing scientific leadership and coordination of extramural research activities in these scientific program area.Learn more about this agency
For more information on our organization, visit NIMHD.
As a Behavioral and Social Science Program Officer, you will take on a challenging, rewarding role with a direct opportunity to advance the mission of the NIH through providing advice in program planning, solicitation, and evaluation to perform day-to-day administrative functions related to research grants and interagency agreements supporting research projects in health disparities and/or minority health.
The ideal candidate for the position possesses experience and specific expertise related to health disparities and/or minority health. and proficient understanding of and/or strong familiarity with medical guidelines of prevention and care of common diseases and current national healthcare policies.
- Providing suggested recommendations concerning program direction, priorities and funding levels for areas of responsibility.
- Performing scientific and administrative reviews and analysis of applications/proposals from a programmatic viewpoint.
- Evaluating the availability and level of resources that can be applied to program area needs and stimulating interest in projects and special activities through communication with the social science community.
- Identifying opportunities and problem areas, research gaps and relevant program needs and making recommendations to the Branch Chief.
- Organizing and conducting discussions with social science and/or behavioral researchers concerning an overall agenda for the assigned program area.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603939900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.