This position is located at the National Museum of African American History & Culture (NMAAHC). The NMAAHC is a national museum for the study and exhibition of African American history and culture. It acquires, maintains and preserves objects which document social, cultural, political, military, technological and scientific developments in the U.S. related to the African American experience.Learn more about this agency
The position reports to an Associate Director in the National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) and is responsible for providing budget, financial, and administrative support to include managing procurement, property, travel, and other administrative functions. Duties include:
- ensuring that the Associate Director maintains regular interaction with direct reports and key leaders throughout the Smithsonian;
- serving as the principal assistant and advisor providing advice in the review, evaluation and coordination of all activities and assignments requiring the attention of the Associate Director;
- advising on financial and budgetary procedures, including formulating, presenting, executing, and analyzing organizational budgets supporting the projects and functions of the Associate Director and ensuring they are aligned with NMAAHC's goals;
- working with supervisor on the development and coordination of new, special, pan-institutional and on-going projects and with outside organizations;
- advising the supervisor on domestic and/or foreign travel arrangements and the arrangements of site meetings for individuals and large groups;
- preparing materials such as correspondence, reports and briefing slides using a variety of office software.
11 - Position is at full performance level.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603939300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.