THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: 103d Maintenance Squadron (MXS), East Granby, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the CTANG.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the CTANG.
Area 3: Individuals eligible for membership in the CTANG. Membership must be satisfied within four (4) months of selection.
Position to be filled upon the vacancy of the incumbent.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to serve as a Small Shop Chief (SSC) with the responsibility for the overall shop. The position oversees and directs work of one or more Nondestructive Testers, WG-3705-10, who are assigned to the shop. The incumbent performs the full range of non-supervisory work of the shop.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Connecticut Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Connecticut Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Connecticut Air National Guard recruiter at (860) 292-2502 before applying for this position.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs the full range of WG-3705-10 duties and responsibilities.
- Plans and lays out work to be accomplished in the shop, which is then completed by the incumbent and lower graded mechanic(s).
- If required (based on new Aircraft Gen 4 & 5 Aircraft), must be able to draw, design, test, write/re-write and perform new inspections in order to prepare AF form 22, AF Form 107's, and AFTO form 242's for submittal.
- May provide recommendations and input to the supervisor concerning personnel actions such as performance appraisals, awards, position descriptions changes, disciplinary actions, leave, etc.
- May serve as an Augmented Quality Assurance team member and preform personnel evaluations on other NDI technicians.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works indoors and outdoors. May work in inclement weather on icy, wet, hot, and slippery ramps, work stands, ladders, confined spaces and in temperature and humidity extremes. Subject to the dangers of toxic fumes, high pressure air and fluids, fast actuating aircraft surfaces such as speed brakes, flaps, and landing gear, engine noise, heat blast, and intake suction. The employee is exposed to all the above and may be subject to dangers of high voltage, chemicals, dust, dirt, grease, lubricants, paints, solvents, propeller hazard, x-ray radiation, and explosive and chemical munitions processing operations.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Requires moderate to strenuous physical exertion when standing, stooping, and bending. Employee is routinely required to occasionally lift heavy objects weighting up to 50 pounds, lifts items between 50 and 200 pounds with assistance.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisory discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603938900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.