About the Position:Learn more about this agency
Serve as a Cybersecurity Information Technology (IT) Specialist (INFOSEC) working under the general supervision of the Joint Base San Antonio (JBSA) - Fort Sam Houston (FSH).
- Serve as an INFOSEC administrator required to conduct Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) network security scanning.
- Utilize Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) scan tool and Host Based Security System (HBSS) to monitor / identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Responsible for scanning of all unclassified/classified servers, devices, and workstations on the networks to validate compliance in accordance with the IAVA (Information Assurance Vulnerability Assessment) program.
- Manage specialty filters, sensors and/or devices (both network and host based) designed to monitor and/or counter specific threats.
- Conduct vulnerability scans and network security assessments/reports while ensuring IAVA(s) and vulnerability assessments are generated and disseminated to appropriate technical personnel within the area of responsibility (AOR).
- Support the Cybersecurity policy development by recommending, implementing, and enforcing cyber security compliance (DoD, DISA, DA, ARCYBER, NETCOM, etc.) during and after the introduction of IT network systems and devices onto the network.
Occasional travel - Up to 15% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603932400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.