The Office of Human Resources (OHR) leads and supports the Smithsonian’s museums, research, and education centers in hiring, developing, and retaining a talented, dedicated, and diverse workforce. This position is OHR’s Recruitment Branch, which provides recruitment, placement and classification services to all elements of the Smithsonian, except senior level positions. This position plans, directs, supervises and manages the personnel and activities of the Branch.Learn more about this agency
- Plans, organizes, directs, supervises, and manages the personnel and activities of the Recruitment, Staffing, and Classification Branch.
- Exercises delegated managerial authority to set annual and multi-year plans and schedules for projects accomplished in-house and by contract.
- Serves as principal advisor to the highest levels of management within SI on all recruitment, sourcing and related program issues including classification and position management as it relates to placement activities.
- Provides expert advice and consultation to all levels of Smithsonian management.
- Represents the Smithsonian at high level meetings and conferences where initiatives are likely to have wide-ranging impacts.
Occasional travel - May be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603921800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.