THIS IS A TITLE 32 DUAL STATUS POSITIONLearn more about this agency
DUTY LOCATION: Theater Aviation Sustainment Maintenance Group (TASMG), Groton, CT
AREA(S) OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1: All currently employed full-time permanent and indefinite personnel of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
Area 2: All currently employed full-time temporary technician personnel and all current traditional members of the Connecticut Army National Guard.
This position is located within TASMG Projects and may be extended or terminated at the discretion of the TASMG Commander.
JOB SUMMARY: The purpose of this position is to perform the full range of aircraft maintenance duties including troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, repair and ground testing of assemblies, systems and surfaces for one or more types of military aircraft, fixed and rotary wing.
NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. This is an excepted position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the Connecticut Army National Guard.
The major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs inspections, functional checks and preventive maintenance to include phase inspections, daily inspections, pre and post flight inspections and such special inspections. as required, including fuel and contamination checks, oil sampling, and inspection of on board emergency equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft.
- Conducts checks on hydraulic, electrical, transmission, power systems, etc.
- Removes components and assemblies, repairs or replaces defective parts and components and reassembles repaired items into the aircraft.
- Installs, aligns and makes needed adjustments to major components and assemblies such as engines, propeller/rotors, transmissions, hydraulic systems, etc., assisting specialists as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Works inside and outside, in inclement weather, on icy, wet and slippery ramps and work-stands in temperature and humidity extremes. Work areas may be drafty, noisy and have toxic fumes present. Irritants such as aircraft fluids, dirt, grease, dust, paint and solvents may be present. Exposure to cuts, burns, electrical shock, strains and broken bones exists.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: Required to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts parts and equipment weighing up to 20 pounds. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing 50 pounds and over.
Occasional travel - Subject to supervisor discretion and funding availability
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603912900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.