THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a MATERIALS EXAMINER AND IDENTIFIER - T5, Position Description Number T5221000 and is part of the WI USPFO, Central Issue Facility, Camp Williams, Wisconsin National Guard.
- Performs the full range of examining and identifying duties for the most complex categories of materiel and equipment, including electronic, mechanical, perishable, radioactive, and assemblies and components.
- Schedules the receipt of property and assures that the property is identified to include identification of all contaminants.
- Develops, or assists in the development of plans for storage and arrangement of stock.
- Uses catalog data/drawings, item specifications, or computerized data to verify/determine/classify items for turn-in, storage or distribution.
- Packs, cushions, apply preservatives and protect property as appropriate; ensures packaging meets regulatory requirements.
- Performs moderate to heavy lifting when moving material by hand or hand-truck. May lift or carry items that weigh up to 40 pounds. Heavier items are moved with weight handling equipment or with assistance from other workers. Performs work that requires the incumbent to bend, stoop and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Performs work requiring the incumbent to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603892700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.