This position is part of the Ofc of the Asst Sec for Cybersecurity, Energy Sec and Emergency Response, Department Of Energy. As a Security Specialist, you will be serve as the Headquarters Security Officer (HSO) with responsibility for managing, planning, executing, and evaluating safeguards and security programs/operations.Learn more about this agency
As a Security Specialist, you will:
- Serve as an advisor to top-level management on the best methods for implementing national level guidance.
- Consult DOE senior management and other Government agencies on policy development, interpretation, implementation, and improvement of the program planning and management topical areas.
- Provide technical support, to DOE's policy development, analysis and promulgation for safeguards and security topical areas such as vulnerability, security risk assessments and surveys, protective forces, physical security and physical security systems, information and personnel security, and nuclear material control and accountability.
- Assist in developing/proposing future training requirements and activities; review, analyze, and assess proposed orders, plans and guidelines relative to the safeguards and security efforts to determine training needs and requirements and the impact on current or planned operations.
- Identify the weaknesses and strengths in protection strategies; and provide consultation regarding physical security protection matters with Departmental elements and with other federal/state/tribal/international organizations.
- Represent the DOE in meetings, conferences, briefings, seminars, work groups, to interagency partners, to international partners, and training sessions addressing areas of concern.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603880500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.