This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain DoD Personnel to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service. Your resume will not be reviewed for qualifications until a selection is made.Learn more about this agency
About the Position:
Serves as an Information Technology Cybersecurity Specialist (Policy and Planning), assigned to the Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM) Cybersecurity Directorate, Risk Management Division.
- Perform risk analysis (threat, vulnerability, and probability of occurrence) for enterprise systems, major applications, and emerging technologies.
- Plan and conduct security authorization reviews and assurance case development for initial installation and ongoing operation of complex systems, enterprise networks, cloud operating environments, and other emerging technologies.
- Review authorization documents and technical artifacts to confirm that the level of risk is within acceptable limits for each software application, system, and network.
- Provide input to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process activities and related documentation (system life-cycle support plans, concept of operations, operational procedures, and maintenance training materials).
- Ensure that plans of actions and milestones (POA and M) are in place for vulnerabilities identified during risk assessments, audits, inspections, etc.
- Effectively prepare security assessment reports, briefings, information papers, and other verbal and written communication for senior leaders (such as General Officers and Senior Executive Service Members).
- Actively participate in meetings and working groups associated with cybersecurity issues.
- Conduct periodic reviews of command IT capability cybersecurity posture to ensure they are in compliance with NIST, DoD, and Army and other cybersecurity related guidance.
Occasional travel - Up to 25% Business Travel required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603861000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.