You will serve as a Information Technology Project Manager (Information Security) in the Propulsion Power and Auxiliary Machinery Systems Department (code 401) of Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia Division (NSWC PHILA DIV).Learn more about this agency
- You will serve as the expert cybersecurity authority for propulsion, power, and auxiliary machinery systems in all life cycle phases.
- You will provide expert scientific advice, guidance and managerial direction for information technology, information assurance, networks, modernization, technology deployment, and sustainment.
- You will formulate and define the overall mission of programs and requirements for the Department while identifying emerging technologies for the future direction of research and development.
- You will develop procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, network and data.
- You will develop plans and schedules, and resource requirement estimates.
- You will define milestones and deliverables, monitor activities, evaluate progress and report on accomplishments.
- You will ensure all labs/systems are in compliance with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
- You will conduct risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks and protection needs.
- You will represent the Navy on technical matters and provide senior technical consultation to leadership at various technical forums.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603860800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.