THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a CONTRACT SPECIALIST, Position Description Number T5201P01 and is part of the WY United States Property and Fiscal Office, Wyoming National Guard.
This position is located in the Purchasing and Contracting (P&C) Division of the United States Property and Fiscal Office (USPFO). The primary purpose of this position is to provide sound business advice in the planning and execution of pre-award and post-award functions, using a wide range of common contracting methods and contract types, to assist in the procurement of standard or specialized services, commodities, and/or construction within an operational contracting office.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Will be responsible for the Government Purchase Card (GPC) program servicing both the Wyoming Air and Army National Guard (ANG/ARNG).
- Will conduct 75%-90% of duties as the Purchase Card Program Coordinator.
- Plans, coordinates, and manages purchase card used to support operations throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensures the GPC program is executed in accordance with the Department of Defense (DoD), US Army policies and any other applicable federal laws and regulations.
- Serve as the primary representative to WY ANG/ARNG Finance offices, Defense Finance Advisory Service (DFAS), and servicing bank on GPC issues and procedures.
- Prepares GPC program guidelines, status reports, and briefings for higher authorities, supervisors, and other contracting personnel as required and responds to taskers and inquiries within provided suspenses.
- Displays critical thinking and problem solving skills needed to efficiently and effectively solve problems of all sizes.
** This is NOT an all-inclusive list of duties. **
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603832300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.