This position is located on the National Forests in Mississippi / Homochitto Ranger District in Meadville, MS.Learn more about this agency
The primary purpose of the position is the dissemination of information and interpretative assistance to the public through various means.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Marilyn Ethridge at 601-384-5876 ext 167 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensures the information desk at the reception area or visitor center is covered at all times; answers phones and radios.
- Greets visitors and responds to a variety of inquiries regarding Forest Service activities, programs, exhibits, facilities, policies and functions.
- Arranges, varies or changes informational interpretive displays in the visitor center to coincide with the season changes and unit program emphases.
- Plans and presents interpretive talks and programs for visitors, local schools, and other groups.
- Handles clerical duties, such as mail and package delivery, personnel updates to phone lists and sign-out board.
- Responds to and directs web and email inquiries to the appropriate personnel.
- Works with the public affairs unit to ensure that current and accurate information is available on the external Forest Service website.
- Serves as the Collection Officer to sell and collect monies for forest timber permits and other items, such as maps and passes.
- Uses a variety of tools, such as drawings, activity specific tools, and audio/visual equipment as interpretive aids for presentations.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel with overnight lodging may be required for meetings, training, workshops, and field/site visits.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603821000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.