This position is located in GAO’s Information Technology & Cybersecurity (ITC) team, Center for Enhanced Cybersecurity (CEC) in Washington, DC. The incumbent serves as a Senior IT Specialist (Cybersecurity) performing technical IT security assessments at organizations of audit interest. The incumbent also serve as an individual contributor on an engagement team performing a range of duties that typically include taking the responsibility for a technical cybersecurity segment of the engagement.Learn more about this agency
- Takes a lead role in conducting access controls assessments that requires detailed technical testing and verification of controls in complex, diverse and interconnected network environments at organizations of audit interest. Controls assessments includes but not limited to penetration testing tools and techniques, boundary protection, identification and authentication, authorization, cryptography, audit and monitoring, configuration management, and software development.
- At the direction of the Assistant Director (AD) and the Auditor-In-Charge (AIC), works collaboratively with other team members in the planning and timely execution of information systems general and application controls assessments. This includes involvement in the engagement design, data collection, analysis, message development and drafting segments of products that are technically accurate, complete and appropriately targeted to the product audience.
- Conducts analysis of data collection efforts that includes conducting interviews with technical staff, independent testing and verification of controls, and reviews of relevant technical documentation and data. Documents results in a clear, balanced, and objective manner that meets the needs of congressional clients and conforms to all audit requirements and quality standards.
- Presents results orally and in writing to technical and managerial audiences internal to GAO and at external organizations of audit interest.
- Responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems that may include servers, network devices, virtualization, and laptops.
- Serves as a coach and mentor to Band I IT Analysts and Professional Development Program (PDP) staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603803200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.