This position is located in the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Development and Operations (DevOps), Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO), Enterprise Portfolio Management Division (EPMD). The primary purpose of the position is developing strategy, guidance, implementation and governance for VA's technology environment.Learn more about this agency
The first 100 qualified and eligible candidates who applied will be considered for referral to the selection official. Additional candidates will be referred based on hiring needs and/or Hiring Manager request.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles.
641 - Systems Requirements Planner
For more information about these work roles, where they fit within the larger Cyber Workforce, and how they can support your unique career journey, please visit the Cyber Career Pathways tool on the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies website: https://niccs.us-cert.gov/workforce-development/cyber-career-pathways
Work Schedule: Mon - Fri, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description Title/PD#: Supervisory IT Specialist/ PD18297A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary, but may involve periods of walking, bending, stooping, lifting, carrying,
moving (up to 50 pounds) components and supplies, reaching, pulling, and working at a keyboard and monitor. Some work may require walking and standing in conjunction with travel and attendance at meetings and conferences away from the work site. Employee may carry light items such as papers, books, and portable computer requirement. The work often requires long hours to meet project deadlines and to devise corrective action and solutions to unexpected technical and/or management crises resulting in sometimes highly stressful work situations.
- Approves, modifies, or rejects plans of all IT initiatives related to technical support, operations, analysis, data management, administrative and maintenance for all hardware, software, security and applications.
- Ensures that technical and quality standards governing all aspects of database management, systems support and research and development activity are defined and implemented across the system with the goals of ensuring uniformity and consistency of components.
- Develops and monitors meaningful performance metrics used in evaluating the accomplishments of program and project goas and objectives.
- Oversees development of programs to adapt new concepts, policies, processes, best practices
and requirements as they relate to infrastructure engineering.
- Develops short and long range (multi-year) plans, impacting the national rollout of the VA's new
Electronic Health Record, which will be highly scrutinized by Congress.
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603802500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.