This position is being recruited under 10 USC 1599f into the Cyber Excepted Service and does NOT convey eligibility to be converted to the Competitive Service. It has been identified as a position necessary to carry out and support the mission of the US Cyber Command.Learn more about this agency
It is in the Professional Work Category at the Full Performance Work Level within the CES Occupational Structure. It is located in the DISA CUR OPS BR/EV SH SEV.
- Serves as a Cyber Security Watch Officer (CSWO) as the technical and operational expert on shift that provides leadership, advice, guidance.
- Provides planning for monitoring and defending DISA?s CSSP customers, DISA Global and inter-theater portions of the Enterprise Infrastructure, classified, unclassified and coalition network.
- Serves as a cyber-security specialist shift worker on one of the teams that performs 24x7 analyses related to Network Assurance of the DISA Enterprise.
- Implements, manages, maintains, and analyzes tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) and security requirements to protect the DISA Enterprise and the information stored within the enterprise.
- Maintains operational integration and continual vigilance against threats to global information technology IT network and data communications infrastructure ensuring confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Participates in meetings with customers to investigate or provide suggested courses of actions for DCO/Network Assurance incidents or long range programs.
- Develops countermeasures to identified Network Assurance vulnerabilities and ensures appropriate critical information alerts are disseminated to customers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603760300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.