This position is a Fish Biologist, GS- 0482-9 working in Annapolis, MD for the R5-Maryland Fish and Wildlife Conservation Office.Learn more about this agency
This is a term position expected to last 13 months but may be extended up to a total of 4 years.
As a Fish Biologist your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Crew lead in the collection of American shad eggs in the Potomac River
- Responsible to operate a motorboat and deploy fishing gear in a large river system based on the tide schedule
- Coordinate and manage Susquehanna River downstream eel migration project
- PIT tagging and telemetry tagging of American eels
- Enter and manage electronic data in order to analyze for reports
- Assist with other fishery projects coordinated by the MDFWCO for the benefit of anadromous and interjursidictional fisheries in the Chesapeake Bay
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603750900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.