This position is located in USAGM's Technology, Services and Innovation's, Digital Management Division. The incumbent serves as an IT Specialist (APPSW) and is responsible for assisting the Director with the planning, design, and integration of computer hardware and software systems that are needed to conduct U.S. international broadcasting. He/she configures, installs, troubleshoots, and maintains devices and security of all digital media broadcast systems for producing newscasts globally.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as the point of contact and leads all new IT program initiatives on new and efficient digital technologies that support existing systems.
- Leads in resolving technical, functional, and workflow issues, with particular emphasis on integration with existing Dalet Plus technology, as well as other Legacy products.
- Leads in evaluating and testing new versions and releases of digital media broadcast systems software, and in managing work of contractors to achieve results.
- Maintains and implements a plan and options for all critical broadcast facilities, which will allow for timely restoration of end-users automated IT-based services.
- Plans, organizes, and manages short- and long-term initiatives to provide comprehensive and responsive support and assistance to end-users in using multifunctional IT equipment.
- Trains broadcast personnel on proper operation and techniques of using the various digital IT-based broadcast systems.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603729100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.