The employee will be an economist who, among other tasks, works on a multiple-member team that is responsible for the production of the Division's weekly Grain Transportation Report and has specialized, expert knowledge and experience concerning the domestic and international transportation of agricultural commodities.Learn more about this agency
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Leads and works with a specialized team on the development, production, publication and distribution of the weekly Grain Transportation Report.
- Serves as a technical expert for agricultural transportation and related economic issues and concerns, including analysis, stakeholder inquiries, and regulatory representation.
- Leads project teams and works as an active team member in the development, production, publication, and distribution of the Division's publications.
- Initiates, formulates, plans, and executes numerous projects with other team members through out the year requiring research, collection, and analysis of a variety of economic data.
- Conducts analyses and studies by defining the problem accurately, gathering information and data from primary and secondary sources, utilizing qualitative and quantitative methods of analysis.
- Assists managers in identifying issues and monitoring trends which affect agricultural transportation and advises management with regard to economic analysis and policy actions.
- Serves as the main point of contact with other AMS programs, other USDA agencies, universities, non-USDA government agencies, industry trade associations, and company representatives.
- Actively participates in trade shows, seminars, and conferences through participation and presentation of information promoting the activities of the Division and Transportation and Marketing Program.
- Provides outreach and technical assistance to the general public, industry stakeholders, and government agencies regarding agricultural transportation, with particular emphasis on the grain industry.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/603708900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.